2 CE Units
This course satisfies the 2 CE unit requirement made effective by the Dental Board of California for license renewal effective January 1, 2023.
CDA Members: $49
Non-CDA Members $79
- Explore pain management drug options for acute pain control.
- List how to register for, and utilize, CURES (Controlled Substance Utilization and Review and Evaluation System)
- Discuss red flag indicators of prescriptions issued for reasons other than a legitimate medical purpose.
- How to manage acute and chronic pain in the dental setting.
- The risks and identification of opioid use disorder.
- The practices and legal requirements for opioid prescribing and dispensing.
*Once you register and submit your payment via the registration link, you will receive an email with a Zoom link. Please visit that link to register your name and email address and "Monterey Bay Dental Society"to be able to access the webinar. Upon registration via Zoom, the webinar link will be sent directly to you.
- The registration deadline is September 1, 2023.
- Cancellations made by September 1 will incur a $10 process and handling fee.
- Cancellations after September 1 or No-Shows are not refundable.
Casey Grover, MD, and Reb Close, MD
is Chair of the Division of Emergency Medicine at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula. Dr. Grover was born at Community Hospital and is a life-long resident of Monterey County. He graduated from medical school at University of California, Los Angeles as one of the top three students in his class. Dr. Grover completed his residency at Stanford in Emergency Medicine and was chief resident. In addition to his current role as Division Chair, he is an attending physician in the Emergency Department, Vice Chief of Staff for the hospital, and serves as Physician Champion for the Monterey County Prescribe Safe Initiative.
Dr. Close is an Attending Emergency Physician at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula, and the lead clinical physician for the Monterey County Prescribe Safe Initiative. She has been practicing emergency medicine at Community Hospital of the Monterey Peninsula since 2003.