Thank you for visiting the website of the Monterey Bay Dental Society. Here you will find information and news on activities of MBDS, the California Dental Association, and the American Dental Association.
Patients who are looking for a dentist or for more information on dental health may click HERE.
Evidence of xylitol’s cavity-preventing benefits lacking
March 30, 2015 — There is little evidence to support claims that a popular sweetener reduces the likelihood of cavities on its own, according to a new analysis of past research.
Sugar drinks dominate beverage consumption in Central Coast
March 19, 2015 — To better understand the obesity public health crisis in the Monterey area, the Nutritional and Fitness Collaborative of the Central Coast, a collection of more than 50 organizations dedicated to improving the health of their communities, set out to understand sugary drink consumption in the region.
Among the findings recently released by the Monterey County Environmental Health Department:
- 23 percent of adolescents reported consuming no plain water drinks in the 24 hours prior to taking the survey.
- In Monterey County, 72 percent of children aged 1 to 10 reported drinking at least one soda in the 24 hours prior to taking the survey.
A full article on the study is available at: https://www.mtyhd.org/index.php/new-data-available-on-what-adults-and-kids-are-drinking-on-the-central-coast/.
The full study is available at https://www.mtyhd.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/NFCCC_Rethinking-Sugary-Drinks-on-the-Central-Coast_12-13-2013.pdf.
Please log in to read the following news articles:
• CDA Cares Sacramento provides $2 million in free care March 30
• CDA wins tentative ruling in Delta Dental case March 30
• Receive $200 through member referral program March 19
• CDA Presents information available in app March 19
• Dentists targeted by misleading labor poster notices March 19
The Board of Directors of the Monterey Bay Dental Society has amended its Bylaws. To read or download the amended Bylaws, please log in and click the "Bylaws" link on the left under the "Members" menu. When the page loads, click "download/view."