California Dental Practice Act/Infection Control, OSHA and Oral Pathology
Satisfies Dental Board of California license renewal mandate
7 C.E. Units (Core)
Members — $145
Staff — $75
Nonmembers — $290
High Stakes Dental Safety: Don’t Panic, You’ve Got This!
(Combined Infection Control & OSHA Compliance)
3 C.E. units
Perfect your safety program and find the weak links! Review physical and chemical hazards and today’s disease transmission risks, considering bloodborne, contact, and airborne pathogens. Get the links to the best resources, meet Infection Control & OSHA CE requirements, and get some great safety tips!.
- Recognize and manage bloodborne, contact, droplet and airborne diseases
- Identify best practices to protect workers and patients
- Make sense of evolving rules and recommendations for changing infection risks
- Review physical, biological and chemical Hazard Communications
Lesions and Lifestyles –Oral Pathology review and update for Dental Teams
2 C.E. Units
Lesions and lumps tell stories! This is a review of selected types of oral and pharyngeal lesions, considering today’s most important trends. Review oral pathology terms, clinical features, and risk factors. Hone your eagle eye and magic touch to perfect your diagnostic techniques. Calibrate your team and educate patients to avoid disease and diagnostic techniques. Calibrate your team and educate patients to avoid disease and identify dangerous lesions early to save lives.
- Identify and assess clinical and reported variations from normal.
- Assess risk for oral cancer.
- Identify, evaluate and compare oral soft tissue masses, ulcerations & papillary lesions.
- Review and practice precise descriptive terms and methods of recording and criteria for referring clinical lesions.
California Dental Practice Act
2 C.E. Units
- Coming soon!
Nancy Dewhirst, RDH, BS
Ms. Dewhirst graduated from the University of Southern California, practiced dental hygiene for 20 years, is adjunct dental hygiene faculty at West Coast University, and is a member of Sigma Phi Alpha. Ms. Dewhirst is consistently listed as one of the nation’s “Leaders in CE”, presents over 100 seminars a year, is featured at major U.S. and Canadian dental conferences, and is a member of the California Dental Association Speakers Bureau. She is an ANSI/ADA Standards Program member and committee chair, Editor-in-Chief of OSAP’s Infection Control In Practice, has had many articles published in dental peer-reviewed journals, and has contributed to dental textbooks and guidance documents.
Julia Goldman, Esq.
Julia is in her eighth year of practice and works in in Tiburon, CA, at The Goldman Law Firm. The Goldman Law Firm specializes in defending small and mid-size businesses, dentists and specialists. Julia specializes in the areas of business law, entity formation, commercial leases and employment law.